Bettendorf, Iowa - A Modern City
Bettendorf, Iowa was incorporated in 1903 after the Bettendorf brothers moved their iron wagon factory from Davenport. Before taking the name Bettendorf, the town was named Gilbert in 1858, and before that it was purchased from the Sac and Fox Indians in 1832 in the Black Hawk Purchase.
The population of Bettendorf was around 400 in 1903 and grew slowly until the 1950s when Alcoa opened a plant. The population grew more rapidly and nearly doubled by 1980. Today Bettendorf’s population is around 36,000 residents.
Bettendorf’s economy boasts one of the lower unemployment rates in the Quad Cities. Bettendorf’s economy is diversified primarily across manufacturing, retail, educational services, healthcare and social assistance, finance and insurance, and other sectors.
Resources for Seniors in and near Bettendorf, Iowa
Bettendorf is home to around 36,000 people, about 28% of which is 55 years old or older. An excellent resource for seniors in Iowa is the Iowa Department on Aging. The IDA offers a number of programs and services and educational resources. It also has a state long-term care ombudsman.
Resources for seniors in Bettendorf, Iowa and the Quad Cities include:
- Pearson Bollman Law - specializes in estate planning. The firm has offices in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Bettendorf, Dubuque, and Okoboji.
- Senior Citizens Group- offers many activities for seniors throughout the year.
- The Center for Active Seniors- offers a variety of activities and programming designed specifically for older adults.
- Milestones Area Agency on Aging- centers on its commitment to working with communities to increase awareness of aging with dignity and independence.
- Alzheimer’s Association- the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
- Riverbend Transit- provides transportation to elderly, disabled, rural and general public residents in Cedar, Clinton, Muscatine and Scott counties.
Homecare Services we Offer Residents of Bettendorf, Iowa
We are a homecare agency. We’re honored to serve individuals who need private duty homecare in Bettendorf, Iowa. We’ve been doing it continuously since 1999.
Our compassionate caregivers are available 24 hours a day. We offer both short-term homecare and long-term care homecare, wherever you call home. As a homecare agency, we’re one of the few serving Bettendorf, Iowa that also offers selected nursing care including medication set up and reminders.
Our homecare services include:
- Alzheimer & Dementia care
- Personal care
- Medication set-up & reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- In-home nursing services
- Care for Veterans care
- Respite care
For a full description of our homecare services, you can click here.
We’re an independently owned and operated caregiver agency. Our roots are in the Quad Cities. We treat each client as if they were our own family member. We’re available 24/7. Contact us at (563) 441-9982 to start the process.