Davenport, Iowa - A Modern City
Davenport was originally acquired by Antoine LeClaire from the Fox Indians. The first railroad bridge to cross the Mississippi was opened in Davenport in 1856 and the city became a trading center for the area soon thereafter.
Today Davenport boasts a diverse economic base. Manufacturing includes farm machinery, clothing, processed foods, aluminum, and alloy metal products. Davenport also has a rich higher educational base. Palmer College of Chiropractic, and St. Ambrose University are both located in Davenport.
Resources for Seniors in Davenport, Iowa
Davenport, Iowa is home to almost 105,000 people, about 20% of which is 55 years old or older. An excellent resource for seniors in Iowa is the Iowa Department on Aging. The IDA offers a number of programs and services and educational resources. It also has a state long-term care ombudsman.
Resources for seniors in Davenport, Iowa include:
- Friendly House Senior Services- promotes healthy aging through programming that improves wellness while helping to avoid isolation.
- The Center for Active Seniors- offers a variety of activities and programming designed specifically for older adults.
- Milestones Area Agency on Aging- centers on its commitment to working with communities to increase awareness of aging with dignity and independence.
- Alzheimer’s Association- the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
- Riverbend Transit- provides transportation to elderly, disabled, rural and general public residents in Cedar, Clinton, Muscatine and Scott counties.
Homecare Services we Offer Residents of Davenport, Iowa
We are a homecare agency. We’re honored to serve individuals who need private duty homecare in Davenport, Iowa. We’ve been doing it continuously since 1999.
Our compassionate caregivers are available 24 hours a day. We offer both short-term homecare and long-term care homecare, wherever you call home. As a homecare agency, we’re one of the few serving Davenport, Iowa that also offers selected nursing care including medication set up and reminders.
Our homecare services include:
- Alzheimer & Dementia care
- Personal care
- Medication set-up & reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- In-home nursing services
- Care for Veterans care
- Respite care
For a full description of our homecare services, you can click here.
We’re an independently owned and operated caregiver agency. Our roots are in the Quad Cities. We treat each client as if they were our own family member. We’re available 24/7. Contact us at (563) 441-9982 to start the process.