Rock Island, Illinois - A Modern City
Rock Island, Illinois sits at the mouth of the Rock River opposite Rock Island, for which the city is named. Fort Armstrong was built in 1816. The Sauk and Fox Indians lived in the area before and during the Black Hawk War, and got its name of Rock Island when it was incorporated in 1841 after residents successfully forced Chief Black Hawk and his people out of Illinois. Today the city is also the seat of Rock Island County.
Rock Island’s population was just over 1,700 in 1850. It’s grown steadily since and today Rock Island’s population is a little over 37,000. Military plays a big role in Rock Island’s economy with the Rock Island Arsenal being located here. However, Rock Island’s economy is diversified with Augustana College, Modern Woodmen of America, Jumer’s Casino and Hotel, and other companies having offices in the city.
Resources for Seniors in and near Rock Island, Illinois
Rock Island, Illinois is home to a little over 37,000 people, and about 16% are 65 years old or older.
Resources for seniors in Rock Island, Illinois and the Quad Cities include:
- Quad Cities Senior Olympics- is located in Rock Island and organizes the annual games.
- Project Now- offers numerous services for seniors over age 60.
- Western Illinois Area Agency on Aging
- Rock Island Township Activity center- offers those 55 and older a place to come to socialize, make new friends, and take advantage of a variety of programming options available.
- The Center for Active Seniors- offers a variety of activities and programming designed specifically for older adults.
- Alzheimer’s Association- the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
- Riverbend Transit- provides transportation to elderly, disabled, rural and general public residents in Cedar, Clinton, Muscatine and Scott counties.
Homecare Services we Offer Residents of Rock Island, Illinois
We are a homecare agency. We’re honored to serve individuals who need private duty homecare in Rock Island, Illinois. We’ve been doing it continuously since 1999.
Our compassionate caregivers are available 24 hours a day. We offer both short-term homecare and long-term care homecare, wherever you call home. As a homecare agency, we’re one of the few serving Rock Island, Illinois that also offers selected nursing care including medication set up and reminders.
Our homecare services include:
- Alzheimer & Dementia care
- Personal care
- Medication set-up & reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- In-home nursing services
- Care for Veterans care
- Respite care
For a full description of our homecare services, you can click here.
We’re an independently owned and operated caregiver agency. Our roots are in the Quad Cities. We treat each client as if they were our own family member. We’re available 24/7. Contact us at (309) 786-9982 to start the process.